August 12th, 2016
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing
"Shoot to Win Craps" Machine
© by M. Mitch Freeland
The "Shoot to Win Craps" Machine is beatable. There are also many advantages to play the machine.
Your payoff is exact. You are paid the true odds on odds bets when you bet irregular amounts. This is also true with Place bets, Buy bets and Lay bets. For example, when you bet $3 on a Place bet at a table, you will win only $3. But at the machine you will win $3.50. Most casinos will not pay you in 50 cent chips ( Note: I believe the Fremont still pays 50 cent chips). If you are playing the Don'ts and Lay odds you will receive the correct payoff when you lay an odd number. If you lay $27 against a 4, you will win $13.50. If you bet $27 at a table, you would only win $13. That 50 cents is a 3.8% difference. Get the idea.
• You will always get the correct payoff. No dealer mistakes or sloppy payoffs.
• No dealers removing your bets and/or paying other players
• No dealer miscommunication
• You can take down your bets at anytime, except Pass Line and established Come bets, just like a table game.
• There is roll history of the numbers that have appears.
• The time is regulated and the game moves on. No delays.
• You get to sit down instead of stand
• The game is easy to play and understand. The rules are just like playing at a table.
• You "Press the Button" to roll the dice. Everybody playing has a chance to roll, even if you do not have a Pass Line or Don't Pass bet
The disadvantage to the game is that you cannot play big. In fact, each casino makes their own rules on the players minimum and maximum bet and combined layout bet. One casino only had a $250 total on the layout to be bet. That is not much, especially when you get on a roll and have a few numbers bet with 10x odds on each.
There is an automated woman's voice that constantly says "Press the Button, Press the Button." The only problem with this is when you get home you keep telling yourself to "Press the Button."
To learn more about the "Shoot to Win Craps" Machine and playing winning craps get your copy of How to Win at Casino Craps: A book for beginning crap players. Also, complete your education with Winning Craps: How I Beat the Craps Out of the Casinos for 30 Years, and How to Play Craps and Win!. All three books are now available on Amazon.
Leave a Reply.