lose weight, feel great and save money: Eat Half at Each Meal: Good mini-habit #3
Many restaurants these days serve large portions. If you cut your meal in half and save the other half for another meal, you have created two good mini habits. The first habit is eating less at each meal and the second is saving money because now you have another meal. You have cut calories and saved money.
When I eat out I will rarely try to eat my whole meal at one sitting—unless the portion is very small. Eat until you are satisfied and visualize eating the other half at home. This is great to do with sandwiches since most sandwiches are already cut in half.
This mini habit has lots of benefits:
(1) you eat less—you do not get blotted
(2) you consume less calories—this is better for your waistline and your health
(3) you have an extra meal—you save money
(4) since you have an extra meal, you do not have to prepare or purchase another one—it is convenient to have food already made, sitting in your refrigerator.
(5) By eating only have, you minimize the chance of feeling sleepy or tired if you eat too much of the wrong foods.
(6) Your body processes the food a lot faster into energy when you eat have as much
(7) No more sluggishness after lunch
(8) Your afternoons could become more productive with increased energy
When preparing food at home you can do the same thing—and this introduces us to the next mini/micro habit of minimizing meal size. Your body does not need a lot of food to do its job; it only need the right food.
Exercise Habit: Start today by cutting your meals in half. Start with breakfast. When you eat out for lunch and dinner separate the portions on your plate and ask your server for a takeout container. Eat only to satisfy your hunger. Do not eat to get full. And remember food is to nourish your body. If you can lose that tire around your mid-section by cutting your meals in half, doesn't it make sense to start this mini-habit today? The benefits are great and you will feel wonderful from the results.
Leave a Reply.